Moreover, the city is also well-known for its excellent weather, temperate temperatures, and abundance of outdoor activities that are perfect for those on a path to recovery. There are many reasons why Jamaica is an excellent destination for a sober vacation. The city is known for its vibrant culture, picturesque architecture, and wide range of outdoor activities. There are many reasons to avoid consuming alcohol, and if you want to visit places where drinking isn’t a cultural norm, Muslim-majority countries should be at the top of your list.
As we are a sober travel agency, we can offer trips that other travel agencies cannot – specifically trips that are geared towards the sober traveler. If you are on a trip, and you want to start a meeting, you are free to do so. We just ask that it not conflict with any of our scheduled meetings. After years of offering flights, we have found that it is both easier & cheaper for you to arrange your flights yourself.
SVI JEWELS OF THE MEDITERRANEAN CRUISE SUMMER 2019
When you pinpoint the perfect location for your sober vacation, do some research on the local attractions to schedule some activities! On the other hand, make sure you don’t plan so many activities that you feel stressed or rushed. The group offers events for those committed to an alcohol free lifestyle. They gather to participate in social activities such as parties, dances, and meeting in cafes, tea salons, yoga and dance studios.
- Instead, opt for destinations that offer sober activities and attractions, such as museums, hiking trails, and beaches.
- Vacations mean disruption in routine, stressful travel planning, and potential exposure to partying or drinking that can threaten sobriety.
- At many of these theme parks, alcohol is extremely difficult to come by, so the odds of being exposed to it are relatively low.
- Several companies offer all-inclusive sober vacation packages, including lodging and meals for activities and excursions.
- Their sobriety is what connects them, but it isn’t what defines them.
- You may consider a meditation retreat if you’re looking for a more spiritual approach to your sober vacation.
- For country music lovers, the sights to see and things to do in Nashville are endless, and there’s not likely to be pressure if you’re doing it all without a drink in hand.
Here you can sample the Malaysian cuisine which is in itself a reflection of the multi-ethnic nature of this nation. In the afternoon, the group will head out on an afternoon/early evening game drive in search sober vacations of wildlife, returning in time for dinner in Africa’s wild. The trip begins in Nairobi, where travelers will be transferred to a quaint guesthouse for an orientation dinner and their first group meeting.
The rise of wellness travel, from rewilding to pilgrimages
If you enjoy outdoor activities such as swimming, skiing, whitewater rafting and snowboarding, Denver Colorado is the place to vacation. The city has come to be known as the Mile High City thanks to the wide range of outdoor activities it offers. There are also a number of historic sites and landmarks such as the Colorado Capitol building, and Cathedral Basilica of the Immaculate Conception. Mexico has sober resorts for vacationers who want to go for a break much closer home.
Explore San Jose’s Plaza de Cultura and view the magnificent National Theatre. Hamm wants to show that sobriety does not have to be the end of the fun in a person’s life. For him, sobriety after years of alcohol abuse has been eye-opening. Hamm, who directs the “fun” aspect of the network, has planned itineraries full of activities, from biking, hiking, skiing, kayaking, and other destination-specific activities.
Sober Rhine River Cruise
They are vacations, pure and simple, just like anyone else would take; there’s just no alcohol or drug use whatsoever. Think Florida shuffleboard fun, but with Brooklyn DJs, food trucks and board games too. It costs $40 an hour to play and everybody gets a complimentary lesson.
- Some alcohol can be found on the tourist islands, but it is otherwise hard to come by due to the Maldives being a Muslim country.
- There are many reasons why Jamaica is an excellent destination for a sober vacation.
- There are also a number of historic sites and landmarks such as the Colorado Capitol building, and Cathedral Basilica of the Immaculate Conception.
- Vacationing can expose you to the triggers that led to the drug and alcohol abuse problem.
- Join us for our next Sober Fiesta at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo in Riviera Maya, Mexico – your ultimate escape!
- For people who live an alcohol-free life, going on vacation can present a challenge.
We respect your privacy, and all information shared with us is completely confidential. Day four takes us to the stunning shores of Playa Carrillo, where we’ll engage in stand-up paddleboarding or sea kayaking across some of the most serene waters on the Costa Rica coast. The natural world can amaze us when our journey aligns with the massive arrival of sea turtles laying their eggs, which we’ve been blessed to witness southward on Corozalito Beach. Be sure to research the area you’ll be visiting and find out what sober resources are available. Additionally, it has been demonstrated that spending time in nature provides a variety of advantages for both mental and physical health. Being sober can be challenging in a society where weekend nights at the bar, brunch mimosas, and after-work happy hours are commonplace ways to socialize and meet new people.
There are even luxury rehab centers situated here that take advantage of the exotic sites to provide recovering addicts with a serene and therapeutic environment. Even though you’ll be preoccupied with taking care of your personal and professional obligations, it is still important to ensure you take time to unwind and recharge your system. On day 7, the group will journey into the plains on a full-day safari, enjoying a picnic lunch in the bush. They will gain an understanding of natural life in the African wild, with the possibility of witnessing Africa’s great migration. On day 4, the group will visit Ol Pejeta’s chimpanzee sanctuary and have the rare opportunity to enter the sanctuary and gain a behind-the-scenes look at the day-to-day care of the chimpanzees.